Monday, November 3, 2008

Day of the Dead - Nov. 2nd


On Sunday morning we headed back to the small town to see what the cemetary looked like during the day. On the second day the families bring all of the decorations to the cemetary and decorate the grave sites. They spend the day around the grave and celebrate the life of their loved ones. There are mariachi bands that sing and play music for the spirits that come back. It was so amazing to see the people celebrating the life of their loved ones. There were no tears or sad faces because everyone knows that on this day the spirits of their loved ones are with them and that they are in a better place. The colors of the flowers and flags were incredible. I can't even describe the beauty and I hope the pictures can show only half of the beauty. I wish you all could have been there to expierence this with me because the feeling the surrounds the place is unbelievable. I am so lucky that I was able be see and take part in this tradition. God is SO good to me!




The enterance to the cemetary. "Lugar donde terminan las penas y comiensan los recuerdos..."---"The place where pain ends and memories begin..."

No comments: