Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More fun in Acapulco!

On Saturday night, after a long day at the beach, the girls and I decided to get dressed up and go out to a nice dinner at a place called, Mirador. At the resturant you can view the famous Clavados (cliff divers) of Acapulco. We had a wonderful meal and a great atmosphere. I had fresh lobster and sea bass and it was incredible!













Here is a picture of where the cliff divers jump from. The divers jump into the water from the cliff on the left side, and then they swim to cliffs on the right side and proceed to climb to the top. After climbing to the top of the cliffs, they then jump into the narrow water below. It was incredible to see these guys risk their lives to entertain us tourists. Unfortunately my camera didn't capture the beauty of it all, but believe me, it was incredible! We were so lucky to be able to come to Acapulco for the weekend and enjoy the sites and the culture and the beach. I am so lucky beyond all imagination and God continues to bless me every day!



























As of today, November 18th, I only have 6 days left in Mexico. I have conflicting emotions about leaving the place that I have come to know and love and the people who have become like family to me. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to be here. So many people wish they could do something like this but never get the chance. I will continue to thank God every day for allowing me to take part in this once in a lifetime experience. I am sad to leave my new Mexican family and friends, but I am SO excited to see my family and friends back in the U.S. I can't wait to see you and and spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with you! Thank you all for supporting me while I have been here in Mexico. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you all and pray for you and thank God for your presence in my life! God bless everyone! xoxo :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I can't wait to talk to you, hear your voice, and listen to many more of the adventures you have experienced!! I have so much enjoyed and looked forward to every update!! Travel safely and can't wait to chat!!

xoxo LEIGH

Anonymous said...

Katie ~
It doesn't seem possible that my little niece Katie is such a grown up, lovely young lady. I think this was such a wonderful life lesson. I hope that my girls see how cool their cousin is and follow in your footsteps in having a strong faith, not being afraid to step outside their comfort zone and try something new. In doing that, they will find themselves more mature, more self-confident and ready to conquer the world. I'm so proud of you, Katie! I can't wait to see you. I'm sure it will be hard to leave your new extended family and friends...but just think, now you need to go back so they can meet your Aunt Stacey!! Have a safe trip home, kiddo!!

Love you,
Aunt Stacey